There are times in life when surprising things happen, things that are encouraging and things that are very generous indeed; today one of those things happened for me.
One of my favorite blogs out there is Walter Bright’s blog; it is one of my “must reads.” Walter’s blog is an encouragement, a blessing and truly worthwhile and I heartily recommend it for anyone who love Jesus Christ and who likes to be encouraged. Walter has given me a nomination for the Reader Appreciation Award, but the truth is that it is I who should be giving it to him. Thank you Walter for the award, for visiting my blog, and most importantly for all that you are doing to spread the Good News!
The Award comes with the following rules:
1. Add a picture of the award to your blog post.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-10 other Bloggers and inform those selected that they have been nominated.
So, it is my turn to pass it on to others, which is a tough process as there are so many wonderful and inspiring blogs from which to choose. I hope that these nominees will accept the Award and the encouragement that comes along with it:
1. Pieter Stok and his blog Travels from Ur is another of my “must read” blogs. In it Pieter tells the story of a Christian’s journey through life in many ways, from traveling to interesting places, to history, book reviews and just simple observations about every day things providing insight and perspective from a Godly point of view. Thank you Pieter for your awesome work!
2. Mike and Brandy live in Arizona and write their blog, Purposeful Pruning, a delightful blog that is fun to read and has an interesting way of making a point that is well worth making; a great read for anybody who is trying to make their way through this life with Jesus. Thanks to Mike and Brandy for you blog!
3. Eugene Adkins, another of my long-time “must reads” writes Keltonburg Preacher, a blog about the Christian life and experience. He posts general observations, Bible teaching and informative items that are always a blessing; I definitely would drop by for a visit. Thank you Eugene for all that you are doing for our Lord!
4. Noel Williams writes This Blogging Thing, a blog that deals with Christianity, current events and politics in a way that always makes you think; it is among the very first blogs that I followed here, and I always look forward to a new post . Thank you Noel for challenging me to think!
5. Disciple Gideon is another blog I’ve followed from early on in my blogging “career.” Always thought-provoking, always faithful to the Lord and always a blessing, Disciple Gideon is a must read, thanks for your work!
I’d also like to express my thanks to all of you who stop by Life Reference from time to time; you all keep me blogging, and I thank you for putting up with me!
To Walter Bright and the five nominees I’ve listed, you will never really know how much I appreciate and look forward to your blogs and thoughts; all I can say is thank you, and may God bless you and your ministries richly!